View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
o_vanquish

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I started playing TFC in late 99 but didn't really get into it until spring of 2000 when I started clanning. I used to go on the PlanetFortress forums more than I actually played, and I became a member of the TPF community (GoD!-TPF). My first clan was Drop Squad, way back when, which was loads of fun. After playing with them for over a year they folded, and I took nearly 2 years off of clanning before I joined AC, Aristocrack. I clanned with them in STA bronze for well over a year before I quit due to personal issues with the leader. After another few months of inactivity I joined clan TNT, with whom I still reside today.

When the planetfortress forums changed to their new style I changed my name to something less controversial (Vanquish) and moved on to the catacombs forums (http://www.thecatacombs.net/forums), where I was asked to run their TFC server for them. Things went well for a while, however nobody played on the server due to ping issues and not enough community knowledge of it (my fault I'll admit, I simply didn't have the time to put into something that required so much time).

Being a member of the TPF community I always went out of my way to help newer players. I can't count the number of people I've taught to conc, bhop, rocketjump, pipejump, speed snipe, etc. To this day I still run into people I don't know who claim I taught them some skill or other and thank me for it.

If anyone would be up for a game sometime you can drop me a line on here or shoot me an email at god_tpf@hotmail.com.

Happy hunting.
o_vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote