View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 11:33 AM   #7
o_storm

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
well said rebo, I liked the part about dark days, it made me feel as if I have been part of a quest and I am just about at the end

I started playing TFC just before Christmas 1999, a friend showed me how to play so I was never a newb who did newb things (I learned all that later) I started my own clan with some players that went onto be quiet well known (in the UK scene) Fizland, space monkey MORE and a few others. Anyhow that did last for long and I moved through loads of clans only even leaving when they split. I am good like that

When I stopped playing TFC for good (about 18 months ago maybe more) I had got a bit bored with the game but it was mainly the stuff that was going on in my life that forced me to leave. Leaving uni, starting my first full time job and buying a house leaves little space for tfc. Even since I settled in to my sunny house in Scotland (that's above England for all you Americans :P) I have been trying to get into other tf mods without success. They just didn't do anything for me. The thing that always drew me into tfc was the community, I gave myself goals of what to achieve within the game of tfc as well as in the community. i.e. get in a good clan and become a benevolent dictator. Both of which I think I achieved. I am hoping with all the hope I have that Forever fortress will provide the platform for another great community to form that I can become a part of. Right now it feels like a great beacon calling forward people from all parts of tfc and other mods pasts. Hopefully this continues

One piece of advice I would give to the mod team is continue the way you are going by listening and replying and interacting with the community. You more than anyone know how ignorant valve always where and how that slowy killed the game you love, I have faith you will never be like this but still keep it in mind when you are replying to the same question for the 100th time

Is bunny hopping going to be in ff btw? :P
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote