View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 03:51 AM   #6
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
In the past I'd given some thought on how to tweak the fortress formula a little, while still staying true to the core game, much like FF has. I finally settled on modifying FF (yeah, a mod for a mod) in a way that didn't change the overall game, but rather how each match would evolve. You could call it XFF, or FFX (Xtreme btw) with the big difference being that you could spend your accumulated fortress points during each match to power you up temporarily. I'd thought of special abilities for each class, which would take quite a bit of effort to implement, but the easier no-brainer power-ups would be 2x or no-reload, 1/2 damage rcvd, 2x movement, 2x fire rate, or 2x damage. These would all be stack-able of course, but don't ask me about point costs because I wouldn't know where to begin.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote