Old 02-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #88
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Replay Media Capture

Not free, I have been using free tools that do this off and on but this is just worth the money. Util captures and records media files from sites like YouTube etc. Will also record MP3 streams, something I find HIGHLY addicting. I am using an older version and it works perfectly. If you get too many streams going it will crash so I keep to about 4. All you do is start the program and click "record". You don't even have to stay on the site just click few vids and set back or grab a beer. The cost is 40 bucks with free trial. The new version converts from flv and swf but I just keep them in that format. VLC will play them and so will media player classic from k-lite codec pack. 9 times out of 10 the recorded version is a little higher quality that those on the streaming window. And stream pausing caused by bandwidth congestion does not affect the final recorded file.

Speaking of k lite ...
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 02-02-2010 at 03:15 PM.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote