View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #134
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ok so, after waiting for 24357893458973498 years for a new Team Fortress, Valve not only botches the release, but the game, the game is, 'Flat' for the loss of a better word...Nevermind the graphics, I wasn't at first sold on the cartoony direction Valve took it, but I will say that I do enjoy it, if only for a laugh. I can't see myself playing TF2 for more than an hour at a time...because the gameplay is sooooooooo sloowwww, it's like someone tied a parachute on my back and turned an industrial fan on, it's really THAT slow.

The respawn timer DESTROYS defense...if you can even defend against a spy that can instantly sabotage your stuff where in FF it takes a few seconds...but in TF2 you can repair it before it blows itself up where in FF you can't so I spose that balances the 2 games out. But the respawn timer has destroyed defense.

The heavy is a BUS. You think the heavy in FF is a monster? Try fighting a heavy with a medic humping his auto cannon in TF2...

I don't like having to whack an SG 85 times to upgrade it one level...but the SGs are really cool same with the dispensers...I think teles are going to play a vital role in TF2 leagues.

The spy will have to be nerfed...I ran around on dustbowl for 5 minutes randomly using the sabotage device over and over and over...and a freaking revolver? James Bond was a spy, he had a silencer. Clint Eastwood was a cop/cowboy, he had a revolver. Engy and Spy should switch secondary weapons.

I didn't play medic because I don't dig the whole "support only" role that they reduced it to, the reason people began to use medics as an offensive class in TFC was because they had more armor/health than a scout, not being able to use a medic offensively goes back to slow gameplay...not sure any league people will want 4 scouts running into a heavy with Invuln on.

Rocket jumping is practically useless as air control is lacking...the rockets are slower, but they seemed to pack more punch to me...the shovel is a nice replacement of the crowbar

Demoman is probably the only class that I can really say I enjoyed. I wish he had a detpack, but the sticky pipes are great.

I also liked sniper, I liked zooming in and it automatically charging, but the scope needs to be tweaked a bit, reminds me of the sniper rifles on DoD...

All in all, I am a bit disappointed with TF2, while it IS a beta, they won't bring us the gameplay that TFC had. I realize that Valve has tried to revolutionize FPS's...but they forgot the TFC community along the way...I am sad to see TFC die the slow death it has, but TF2 is making TFC rollover in it's grave...GG TFC...long live FF!