View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 07:31 PM   #89
o_darkside

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hello

First sorry for flaming on that "Looks Awesome" thread, it was my first one.
Anyway I got into FPS games back in 98 when my friends introduced me to LAN zones in europe, those of you who know what im talkin about know that there is lan zones all over the place in Europe some with 4 computers in a basement.. others in a nice office building with around 90-100 computers, AC, a bar.. etc. Anyway it was REALLY fun back then the game to play was Quake 3 arena, even though it was just 2 maps and 4 weapons. hehehe.. When i moved to the US i bought a computer and played Q3A in several tournaments 2nd place in a nationwide online one, and 1st at a lan tournament in CA with a 1000 $ cash prize. Anyway in highschool a friend of mine was telling me i would get "owned" in TFC on HL1. SO i bought the game and practiced for a weekend, then played with him and ended up joining his clan. a small one that lasted about 2 or 3 yrs [NSS] since then i played TFC for about 4 years and had some of the best experiences ever. I think TFC is soooo great cuz of 2 things. Community, and Tactics.... there is nothing like learning/inventing new ways to get into the enemy base, jumping higher, killing faster. etc. Cant wait for this mod to come out, but like i said b4 ill wait as long as it takes for this to blow everything else outta the water.
o_darkside is offline   Reply With Quote