View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 08:26 PM   #22
o_groovyf

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I remember installing TFC off a computer magazine CD on first release. Tried a couple of classes like Soldier and Spy... couldn't really suss what was going on (or didn't want to have to learn something new at the time), so played QW and UT online instead.

A friend introduced me to the Wireplay Assault server in '01 and oh how much fun it was that first time playing Avanti and Dustbowl.. especially as a HW. I became a WPTFC admin shortly before it's demise (in Sep 01 or so), and was one of the first members of Team-Smile, a team lovingly thought up by TODave. We played for fun, we were crap (mostly), didn't have 'clan practices', weren't too bothered should we lose (again and again it turned out ). Just a bunch of good friends enjoying the game for what it was - Fun. Finally got to grips with concing thanks to Tonster and some of his demos, and got bunnyhopping OK with his guide as well.

Was a BYTFC (blueyonder/bygames) admin for it's whole term as a fully fledged GSP (around 2 years).. being an admin, Head Admin, Deputy Community Liaison and finally Community Liaison there. Sad times when it ended, but public TFC players were on the wane more or less, though a redirect plugin (Thanks BIGPhil) in it's final month or so almost showed that statistic wrong. Now back as a WP Admin and enjoying Well like never before :E

So, it's 4 years TFC playing for me as it stands now, and personally looking forward to this Source mod to hopefully breathe new life into the game that just won't lie down and die like many doomsayers keep expecting it to. I also think it'll bring many ex-TFC players back into the game as well, with the updated look and gameplay

Keep up the good work
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote