View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 04:50 AM   #6
Nugzilla
Fortress Forever Staff

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
When you say original TFC characters, do you mean the old or new TFC models? I tend to lean toward liking the newer TFC models myself, but I didn't start playing TFC until the newer models had been released (in 2001 maybe?) so my opinion might be somewhat biased.

If you need any help with ideas/concepts, please let me know. I may not be the best artist in the world, but I went through high school taking 2 art classes each year and then some in college.

Anyway, good luck to you. I can't wait to see some new character designs.
My character designs will draw from both versions of the TFC characters (not to be confused with TF2), but more from the originals. The style that I'm thinking is like battlefield or CoD, but a bit more over the top with some key elements from TFC. Like I want the soldier to have the classic berret, but update his body armor to what a modern day soldier would wear. The heavy guy would have more armor almost like a bomb squad soldier would have on. The heavy in both classic versions has his eyes covered, so I want to throw some goggles on him. So for all the characters, they'll all have something to tie them back to the originals.

It'll all make more sense with the concepts. My first pass will be simple silhouettes to make sure each character can be read without having any detailing yet.

At any phase feel free to comment or bounce around ideas.
Nugzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

6 members found this post helpful.