View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 AM   #14
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGreg View Post
Achievements are only grindy if you choose to grind them. I can guarantee you that casual players won't bother. I won't. I could see how achievements could annoy some more-than-casuals as another perhaps less legitimate way to measure, for lack of a better word, achievement in FF.
I think it's important to separate who actually defines what is an achievement in FF. You can't cater to a hardcore FF player's idea of an FF achievement, it may require traveling mach 2 while carrying a flag while infected, on fire, and being raped by a smurf.

There needs to be realistic and defined goals that new players should want to work for, something that benefits a new player from doing something that contributes. Lets face it, fortress points are useless. 2000 Fortress Points mean nothing to a new player. 2000 Fortress Point reward for achieving "X number of cured infections" may give a little depth and reward for a new player.

Unfortunately, the hardcore FF player holds this game by the short and curlies. Can't do a whole lot without alienating that player base. *Shrug*
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote