Thread: I was banned.
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #34
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
the death dispenser: You're not attacking the evidence, you're basically just using an emotional appeal to claim they're all liars, which makes me think you're either not being smart about this or else are lying. Let's say this was a case of mistaken identity or something. If you were smart, you would appeal them, explain you don't know why you were banned, maybe get re-instated, then start recording demos of your future games there if something ever happened again, so you have evidence. They already have evidence. Considering how your ban was AUTOMATED, that really flies in the face of what you're saying, and O-T has a whole system set up to keep logs, which makes the evidence stacked against you, which implies you're lying.

The only way you're telling the truth is if O-T has this big conspiracy set up to change the logs for specific people they don't even know, then ban them at random for no reason. While possible, that makes no goddamn sense. So carried out logically, here are the only 2 conclusions I'm seeing from what people are saying here:

1. There's an O-T conspiracy to ban you and people you know for no reason.

2. You're lying or remembering things incorrectly about one or more things you've said so far.

If I was a judge, I would rule #2 is more likely.

It doesn't help your claim that I've played on O-T for a long time and have never seen anything like what you're describing. I have on rare occasions, seen people banned for guilt of association, mistaken identity, or cracking a joke at exactly the worst time (an admin is upset over someone else, but confuses the joke as being associated with that player), but an AUTOMATED ban would be immune to any human error like that.

Last edited by chilledsanity; 05-07-2010 at 12:32 PM.