Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngeeMan
11,042* accounts between the steam group and the forums. 11,042 that 100% definitely, absolutely know about this mod. And yet less than 100 people play during peak hours.

Really, ask yourself if VALVE'S EVIL MARKETING MACHINE is really the issue here.

*There are many duplicates between forums and steam, but even if all the steam accounts were duplicated that is still 8,904 that absolutely know of the mod. Not to mention everyone who saw the magazine articles and didn't register, everyone who saw the news posts on PlanetHalfLife, Half-Life Fallout, etc over the past several years, everyone who has read a message board thread on the game over the years, everyone who read the TF2 interviews that mentioned Fortress Forever...
Huh? The forums died and we had to start over. I'm not sure exactly, but I think about 3,000-4,000 old members are counted toward the total member count of the forums. Unless I've always just completely misunderstood what happened there.

And on top of that, how many forum members are also part of the Steam group? I'm gonna take a guess at about 80%...just a made up statistic, but I bet I'm actually underestimating.

Point is, your 11,000 is a ridiculous number. A few thousand at most, that's it. At least as far as people being involved through the forums and Steam group.

Granted, a lot of people have downloaded FF, a lot have tried it, but not a lot of have stuck around. Probably cause hunted takes up so much memory............wait.......
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote