View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 AM   #46
Nezumi
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: Soldier, O
Gametype: Doubble Mode
Affiliations: Cassiotone Nation
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I don't see the spy's cloak as a problem, even in theory (I know it works in practice). Before 2.1, the spy had no cloak. Now he does. It's no good complaining now about a feature he was supposed to have from the begining.

But honestly it works great now. You can creap ahead whenever no one's looking and you're still totally visible as always when you're moving. Given the speed of FF, it's a pretty big trade off to take the time to remain unseen.

Personally, I think the spy could use a lot of reworking, as right now you can slowly creep into a map undetected and grab the flag, at which point everyone knows where you are. Or you can conc in there at top speed with medic or scout and grab the flag, and you're in the same position. Granted there's some funny stuff you can do like in Shutdown, but it's not going to disrupt balance.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
Like the timer for recloaking should start once the spy looses his cloak, not from the time he starts his cloak. So the spy can't just cloak sit there for a few seconds, shoot his tranq off then immediately recloak. The recloak timer should start after he looses, not once he starts.
Isn't this how it's always worked already...?