View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
There's no debate going on. I was just posting factual evidence that Ron Paul predicted the majority of the problems we are facing today in our economy and they are largely caused because of corporatism intertwined with government.

The US debt has risen by $5 trillion since Obama has been in office. He's basically lied to the people. We've been sold out. The dollar is now worth next to nothing and with people buying up gold like crazy, it's clear our economy is in shambles and out of every other candidate running, only Ron Paul has an actual concrete plan to fix it. Obviously he is kind of cooky, being what 79 years old and all, but he's still competent, unlike Obama.
Let me declare a couple of facts...

1) I like Fox News
2) I am and have been a registered Libertarian for a number of years now (refugee from the Republican party)
3) I view people who say "Fox News is ________" as either lazy or stupid.

Now that we have that out of the way...I like Ron Paul but there are issues I have with his expressed views and some of his positions could use alot more discussion and clarification.

I like Fox News as I find most of their hired talking heads tolerable to listen to or watch. I love listening to John Gibson and Angry Rich but I think they are quick to zoom in on a particular quote or view from history and ignore any subsequent information that may have come out.

By way of example Ron Paul's position on Iran was discussed today by John and Rich. They are using a RP soundbite where he said "If I were Iran I'd want Nuclear Weapons too" to declare that Ron Paul would do nothing about that situation. Furthermore they would not allow any reasonable discussion on the subject. That they declared it to be tacit approval by RP for Iran to have them was enough.

I disagree with them but I still find them generally entertaining.

If you paint "Fox News" with one broad brush then I believe you to be lazy or stupid. Fox News is not some monolithic entity. They have a number of different talking heads that may have some commonality but they aren't clones squirted out of a vat. To insisted that they be labeled as such makes you either lazy or stupid....take your pick!

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote