Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka View Post
so what if steps were taken to better equip other classes with ranged capabilities? the only other viable option is to remove the sniper's ranged capability.
I am going to jump in and say that implementing abilities for all the other classes to affect the Sniper makes little sense. It seems like a workaround to the probem, which is the inherent playstyle of the Sniper. I'm sorry if people think I'm just raging over Sniper, but I have a good reason to be. The only acceptable conclusion is that the Sniper has to be removed.

I said it in the other thread, but giving the other classes ways to affect the Sniper is like waking up one morning to find your alarm clock broken. Instead of fixing the specific problem, you decide to just bash it with a hammer to make all the other "healthy" working parts 'equally broken'.

This game thrives at close range. Given weapons of long range capability (which is necessary to affect the Sniper, of course) means people will be less likely to take part in close quarters combat where the game is fun and exciting. I imagine it would also encourage even more turtling. People realize that close range combat is dangerous. Give them a weapon that allows them to avoid it, and avoid it they will. The game would become nothing but a turtlefest.

Last edited by Bridget; 01-23-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: grammatical errorz D:
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote