View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #5
Bogdan6
El Hombre sin nombre

Class/Position: Medic, Offense
Gametype: Capture the flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Yeah, unfortunatelly after checking the site that is going to provide me the components, I saw the M5A99FX motherboard isn't avaible to purchase anymore.
However after searching around I found this one you mentioned, Asus SABERTOOTH or a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3.

Regarding the GPU, I think the Sapphire Radeon R9 270 is godly enough.

From what I heard from my cousin and a few suggestion from Reddit, a solution would be purchasing that MoBo and upgrading the CPU at a later time in future. TBH, the only thing I would let down from here would be the CPU, I'm not buying RAM bellow 8GB, Power Source is ok enough for me, but would buy a better one (maybe 600W or more in case I'll need to upgrade in the future), GPU, well initially started with a lower one, but my cousin purchased the Radeon and said he's pretty happy with it and running games smoothly even an ultra quality.

You and a few other people told me that Intel CPU's are quality superior compared to AMD, but an 8 cored FX is no match to a 2 cored Pentium so probably I'll stick with the AMD built for now. If by magic I get a bigger budget by summer (when I hope I can at least afford half of the parts) then probably I'll go for an i5, but prices hit the roof recently (cheapest is an i5 4460 which is almost $250).

Ugh yeah, a note, I don't really plan on overclocking anything around there so I want something to run at least decent and lasting for some years without playing with things around.

Last edited by Bogdan6; 04-11-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Bogdan6 is offline   Reply With Quote