Thread: Pub play.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #33
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
I think really the problem is that there's not any servers in the middle. OT can be viewed as a little overly strict, and other servers can be viewed as not strict enough - you're right, gwars, other servers have no rules at all, so people can act like idiots. (and even admins have been known to act like idiots).

Personally, I don't want to see disgusting sprays, or have people being racist, but I don't mind the odd swear word or someone getting on top of the map for fun. For people like me there's no server in the middle and if I play on OT i'm pretty much guaranteed to get banned purely down to me accidentally swearing a few times.

I guess that's one thing that attracts me to pickups, you know for a fact that players aren't going to act like idiots, or they get banned. On the flipside you aren't going to get banned for a few swear words.

In an ideal world we'd have a range of servers with active admins and varying levels of rules but unfortunately the community is simply not big enough to support that right now. We have servers towards the two ends of the spectrum with nothing in the middle. For the majority of people that's unfortunate, but something we have to live with.

Last edited by AfterShock; 03-01-2012 at 03:09 PM.
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote