View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 05:09 AM   #43
blaster

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I have a question. I run an ATI radeon Xpress 200 series card on this computer. After I started running the game I realised a problem with connecting. Couldn't connect to any servers and it would lock up when sending client info. I updated the video card to the new version (ATI came out with new drivers recently).
I installed the driver and was finally able to connect to a server. It still can take 5 minutes to connect which is pretty horrible, but this computer has a horrible graphics card and RAM period. Anyway, After playing on a server for a few minutes I will lock up. The lockups almost appear to be random and the audio loops over and over. Usually it involves having to unplug the computer and do a clean boot just to get back into windows.
Today I created a server and was testing out my binds on dustbowl. Everything was fine until I captured CP1. As soon as it happened, the lady's voice looped over and over and game crashed again. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a sound issue. Last time it happened I was on 2fort and it happened when I fired my shotty. The sound looped and game crashed. Not sure yet but I'm gonna try updating the soundcard stuff as well tonite.

i ran the source engine SDK base in an effort to test this ATI video card with the HL2 source engine. Everything worked fine. No crashes or anything. Only problem was that the FPS was really low. Even with low shading, low model detail, etc.. I still had under 20 FPS... Not sure how to fix this problem either other than get a new comp.

I run:

Windows XP Home
3200+ athlon 64 processor
512MB RAM
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series

-ChriS