Old 12-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #31
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
We're looking at various ways of restructuring this board, and here's what we've come up with so far.
Update this site to the latest version of VBulletin and let the members use the social groups feature to create the sections that they need.

vBulletin 3.8.0 RC 2 was released today. This version is supposed to have a social groups feature that allows the groups to act as their own forum. That way the administrator of this site would not have to worry about creating a lot of forum sections - let the social groups feature deal with that. This would allow the forum to be more flexible then it is right now.

If the owner of this site has let their VB license expire, maybe the members of this community will pitch in enough to renew it. Heck, I will even help with the updating. I run a VBulletin forum that gets over 2.3 million page views a month and has over 10,000 members.

When members ask for a new forum section, I tell them to go make a group for it instead.

Also, through the social groups feature, each clan can have their on page in the FF forum.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote