Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
It's destined to fail because eventually the new players have to move past that point and start integrating with the more competitive Fortress Forever players which has its fair share of elitists assholes who will turn you off from playing this game no matter how good you've become. There's also the chance that it's just training you up to join their ranks and further make this game dismal to new players.
I remember 32 man Newbie servers back in TFC that were pretty successful. I guess it all depends how it's run.

It's only destined to fail if 0 new players show up on that server. If someone has troubles learning what to do, take them to the newbie server or send them there if there are people in the server already.

Caleb, usually what I do is if someone looks like they are struggling, I ask if they need any help and by doing so, anyone else in the server at the time benefits from what that person is learning. This can be a good thing if other new players are in the server, but can be bad because I'm sure a lot of people who've been playing FF for a while just wanna play without much distraction. So a training server might be what the doctor ordered.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote