Thread: (WIP) FF_Casbah Continued
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #99
Lt Llama

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I had a little run through yesterday. Forgot as usual to use bzip2 for the map so it tooks some time to download for people. I think if this map had been released at the very beginning of FF it would have been one of THE great maps. Now it is hard for any map to get the attention it deserves.

This IS casbah for me. The trims you added works very well. Fav spot is the room after the little bridge. I like what you did with the ceiling. About new players dont finding their way? Are new players more stupid than when we started playing casbah? If they cant find their way to the flag room then they probably have problem finding their own shoes.

The only odd thing is that some people get the problem with shiny, silvery looking crates, a white crowbar and weapons. I had that in beta 3. Then had a comp disaster and switched to another one. In beta 4 everything looks fine. But two players wondered "is it supposed to look like this?". Someone said it is because of cubemaps. But how come it looks normal for me and not for others? Is it the map or is it FF?

Oh yea, someone requested a couple of clouds .
Lt Llama is offline   Reply With Quote