View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #6
omega
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
[edit] I reread your original post again and saw that you stated that it still looked like tfc and that it's in early development, so I guess this post of kind of moot, but I'm going to leave it anyway

I'm gonna come off as the stickler here and say it before anyone else does (and trust me, I pretty much hate every douchebag that says this, so I'm being pretty hypocritical):

"it looks to much like half life [1]"

The structure isn't bad, for a half-life engine map, but for half-life 2, it seems a bit repetitive and, as the poster above said, a bit blocky. Example: the walls in the ramproom and two flagroom shots are pretty much the same throughout the entire circumference/outline of the room.

That said, for an original map (well I guess it's a remake--but you're the same author from the orginal), it looks to have a good design. Most of the community mappers that are making original maps seem to not really have a concept of integrating both offense and defense respectfully (ie, a mixture of both fairly easy defensive positions while at the same time allowing offense to be able to conc/move around). Although, I would turn the staircases into ramps.
omega is offline   Reply With Quote