View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 06:41 PM   #23
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaties View Post
I just want to add my opinion on competitive modes and settings for games - if you notice, the mark of what makes a competitive game popular as an esport is that public level gameplay and competitive gameplay are fairly similar - this allows for new players who are learning to bridge the gap between casual and competitive.

Look at league of legends - playing the game in normals, casually, is at its core the same as high level gameplay.. Same with games like Dota, CSGO (to an extent), and such.

Just as an example, look at TF2. It's just starting to get more competitive, but TF2 has always had a very difficult time become "established", because the competitive meta completely clashed with Valves design for the game (pretty sure valve still doesn't really "support" 6s).

Except FF is never going to garner a large following, we can provide both sides of the community with a better quality of life, and just like tf2 we already have our own little rules and restrictions that alienate more casual players.

TF2 is not "just starting" to be competitive. Like what? TF2 may not have ever been the biggest game, but it has had a pretty solid run of leagues over the years. If anything I'd imagine it's starting to fizzle out.

Quote:
Would it be possible to remove the vertical aspect of jump gun? As in make it purely a boost horizontally?
That's disgusting and removes the entire purpose of the gun in the first place. Now you've made it entirely into a bhop crutch, super gross.

2 members found this post helpful.