View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 06:59 PM   #83
o_georgie

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I first started playing TFC on my old P150 (o/c to 180) with my S3 Virge with 2 voodoo 2's in SLI (Talk about a beast or what!!), my only previous PC gaming experience being 20 mins or so of Wolfenstein 3D and watching a mate play Rise of the Triads.

I used to play on the demon servers with the name [C3]george. Essentially it was just a tag to help the other 2 people I knew online find me ingame (short for Craptacular 3).

After a few weeks I used to find myself regularly being stalked by two players called "BareNakedLady" and "MrTFC". It didn't take long for them to persuade me to play for the Mercenaries Under Fire clan and [MUF]georgie was born, I didn't even know there was such thing as a "scene" before that. People came and people went, but the majority of MUF stayed there for a good few years, and what bloody good fun it was too.

I eventually left MUF to go play DAOC, but it seems they just couldn't bear to be away from me and half of the buggers followed me. Have recently started playing EverQuest 2, but to be honest, my heart will always belong to TFC. I'm really hoping you guys can do the business with this one and captivate the essence of what made the game great for me initially.

<wave to anyone that remembers me>
o_georgie is offline   Reply With Quote