View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 05:40 PM   #36
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
This does not make VR look appealing to me.

GoPro footage of you wandering around a parking lot doesn't make me think, "Wow! This looks super cool!" I'd prefer to see some insight on the integration of the controls; specifically how the in-game movement correlates to your physical movement.

If you're trying to advertise VR as the next cool thing this didn't work for me. Maybe it'll work for someone, though.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I'd really prefer a much more grounded approach to creating a new Fortress style game. One based in the reality of the current situation.

I personally don't think it's fair to everyone that actually plays and develops the game when you come in here and layout all these grandiose plans of the mythical mystical magical FF2. And then disappear for a year only to come back after you release your own game. Honestly, to me, it feels like some smoke and mirrors just to drum up support for your Noodle Western game Love Lick Lactate or whatever.

You've found a cool new thing, Virtual Reality, that's great. And it's absolutely fantastic that you're willing to invest your free time and effort into this game/genre. Squeek and Aftershok both already do that, and they're the sole reason why the game still lives and breathes. But give us something tangible. Give us a general timeline of development. Give us your ideas for controller integration (which you have in another thread). Give us more ideas of how to appeal to the mainstream and approach the niche Fortress player-base. Give us more than silhouettes and logos. Give us more than 4 second videos and the exclamations of VR as 'the next big thing'.

And honestly thanks. It's always nice to see people willing to support this game and its future iterations. Also, good luck.

Last edited by homie in reboks'; 12-28-2016 at 05:43 PM.
homie in reboks' is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.