Thread: (Released) Game Rules
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
truplaya

Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
I would like to see more organized and possibly forced pub play as well especially when it comes to new comers not understanding the dynamics of the game and the objectives for a given map whether mostly on CTF maps. Pub games are 60% of the time "snoresville" (word of HIR), "I agree." (cake).

Currently in pubs, many new players have no sense of what the objective is and they run around the map in yard and their own base and hardly hold to the objective and teamwork. They choose classes that aren't optimal to win the game and we have snoresville.

To help assist in organizing a quality pub game, I would like to experiment with OVD only maps that have no blue base except for a blue cap. I would also like to create a team switch in OVD mode at the halfway time on a given map.

Moto-- robust has a half map destroy edit he created. It only has a red base, yard and blue cap in the blue base. The rest of the blue base is walled off. This map setup along with objective info at game join would assist in keeping new players on the objective hopefully.

I think that an objective info page upon joining is very important to tell players what to do and suggest what classes to choose and well as other server info.

As far as class restrictions go for offense and Defense I don't know if I want to address this yet because of the possible new changes that were gonna see in the new update making more classes balanced and acceptable in competitive play. I also don't want to kill the artistic element that a versatile engy can bring (matt). Or an offensive sniper or D snipe (the King). Its just hard when you have no frontline D and a full health offensive demo / soldier / HW or engy comes into your base just to spam you out when u are D and it just doesn't feel right . Also some maps like well depend on offensive demos to open grates / walls etc.. So we cant really restrict classes easily seemingly.

BUT WHAT I DO THINK WOULD BE SO COOL IS....if in OVD mode, at the half way time mark in the map, teams would switch. So if you were on blue and your team only scored 100 caps, the halfway mark would hit and u would switch to D and have to hold the offensive team 90 to win.

I really like the forced OVD mode on motos, but a problem with pub OVD at the moment is you never feel like you've won really there's very little measurement to decipher the winning team. Most OVD rounds are just like 230 - O there is no real baseline for judgment about what team really won, its just kind of a sit through and just stop the scouts / meds over and over.... It's just hard to tell who really won a game...makes it feel mindless + mundane.... The team switch at the mid round might help determine a winner for the round, motivating players more....

Last edited by truplaya; 12-26-2014 at 05:51 PM.
truplaya is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.