Old 04-14-2016, 11:53 PM   #17
TheKing

Class/Position: O/D Sniper, D Engy, D Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: s^., :e0:, -=[$D$]=-, -AA-, +SUF, .20, [AH(S)]-r, [ . ]-r
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homie in reboks' View Post
Also, if you really wanted to be unbanned you probably wouldn't keep saying things like:

When I originally posted I was specifically asking for a reason and/or if there was a mistake. Would have been great to get unbanned, but it seemed pretty clear from the beginning that the admins had already made up their minds without evidence and my primary purpose here (once it became clear that this was intentional) was to remind the community that I'm still not cheating and to defend my reputation.

If the guys who run the server, after seeing that video, realize how wrong they were in banning someone for cheating who obviously was not that would be fantastic - but there seems to already be an unjustified grudge there and so I'm not exactly holding my breath. I try to respect everybody when I first meet them, but the fact that you run an FF server isn't going to get you any extra respect from me until you earn it - and it certainly won't prevent me from calling you out for something like this.

They're likely going to keep me banned because they've developed an undeserved dislike (confirmation bias?), but at least they seem silly now if they claim it's for cheating. Would be more than welcome if they decided to be reasonable at this point though seeing as how I still don't feel like I've done anything to warrant a ban.

Quote:
So it surprises me when you say: Well yeah you're following the rules, but you're not really participating in the game. You're not really capturing the flag and you're not really defending the flag. You're just playing a sniping mini-game that the rest of the server has to either join in on or actively avoid.
I can be a little shy, but I've made plenty of gaming friends here in FF and I can actually be quite friendly once someone takes the time to get to know me. That's also definitely defense, it's hard to get the flag if you have trouble making it to our flagroom. And we could have this discussion for months (and we have.. where's Bridget?), but the entire game is built on class interactions that the rest of the server either has to join in on or actively avoid. Don't like sentries, too bad you've got to play their game too. Personally spies frustrate me the most.

Quote:
Sniping isn't even that good in FF. It's super clunky. I don't understand why anyone who loves sniping would embrace FF's take on it and latch on to its sickly embrace with such dedication. But that's just my opinion (but if you disagree you're probably a bad sniper).
I like it, possibly because it reminds me of all of the fun I had in TFC. And I never said I was a great sniper, just not cheating. It's not the only game I really like sniping in: http://tuclan.net/accomplishments.php , but I do really enjoy it.

Quote:
Anyway, I do think you've been banned unjustly, and you're in the right to want a better reason and justification for being banned. You should be unbanned till they have real proof to support their claims.
I was banned suddenly, unjustly, and without feedback or reason. Then was (finally, after getting no feedback in game and being forced to post here) given these completely unwarranted cheating accusations when I obviously was not cheating. If that doesn't make the server admins bad server admins... well I think I have a right to make that claim at this point.

Quote:
But I don't think the community has lost anything too significant with your ban.
Except maybe its credibility? Plus I guess another player in a game that desperately needs more, but that first one seems more important than just little old me.

Last edited by TheKing; 04-15-2016 at 12:04 AM.