Thread: ReflexFPS
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 04:48 AM   #2
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Looks pretty good, too bad it will die in the water like the 100 other "arena resurection" games. Which is exactly what I told neon when he showed it to me. I don't really see this type of gameplay coming back just yet. I could be wrong, but if it does come back the scene is going to be so oversaturated.

Every body and their brother thinks they have the unique twist to put on arena gaming to "save" it. And thanks to this most lucrative time in indie gaming, they have the shot to garner attention and see development through to a final product, where it will slow fizzle out from an already lack luster release.

I will say though this is the best looking one I've seen yet, as it seems closest to cpma. Stake jump is also the most unique take on wall jumping without just being a gay ass ninja wall jump.

And I'm not going to lie, there's a handful of this type of game being made with a decent amount of hype around them. But I honestly thing fair portion of that hype comes form video game "hipsters" who just want to talk about "old school" gaming, and not actually devote any time to playing it or bringing it back. You get a handful of newer players like that in FF all the time, who just play it so they can say they've played it. And I've known a few people who will jump to a new gldsrc game every other week before going back to playing tf2 or csgo.

Game looks cool and I'll play it. No expectations though.