View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #36
ian.de

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 14 Times
Wubba is a smart man!

And Peppas you are correct sir, everything you said I agree with. Building a base for any game starts with the pub-scene.

The most important ideas expressed so far in this thread:
1) New players download the game, refresh the server list and nothing comes up because no one is playing.
2) Trying to bring retired TF veterans or TFC players into FF pickups is a useless plan. This is because of the large proportion of unstable personalities versus calm, respectful, and mature personalities. As Features pointed out in another thread, there are losers in every competitive community it's just more apparent in FF because there are only 20 people in the whole sample.

Moving on to things we can change...

Talos really should have a rotation of only the most popular maps. Whenever I am playing on Talos and fucking xpress comes on, I always ask people what maps I can nominate before I RTV and and kill the server with a map no one wants to play.

I want to be clear, I would stay true to my promise and donate a cash prize to a successful tournament, meaning people actually participated and it did come to completion. Will this happen? I don't think so but I'm also not going anywhere so we'll see.

Last edited by ian.de; 01-24-2013 at 03:29 PM.
ian.de is offline   Reply With Quote