D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
I'm not sure that would make much difference other than marginalizing the best snipers or else forcing everyone to zigzag and take 3x longer getting across a yard.

Maybe there's an obvious problem with it I'm missing, but one idea would be to have the sniper shoot poison rounds that don't kill anyone right away, but will after a given length of time. So say you're shot in the yard, you could have maybe 20 - 40 seconds left to live, then you immediately die. This could allow O to keep running and do some damage or make a flag grab, but it could definitely kneecap their potential, and make simply stalling the player a defensive tactic.
Testing would determine how well this would work, but it would certainly eliminate a lot of the feelings that youve been killed with 0 effort. I do understand that it can take skill in order to execute shots as the sniper, but that skill is interpreted as spam to an opposing player. If shots were to take a little time to travel, the sniper himself would have much more gratification with a kill, and the dead player would have a better understand that the sniper actually worked for his kill; That lessens the feeling that youve been camped COD style
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote