BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
Idea. After the sniper looses a round, he immediately drops to ~150 speed, slowly rising back up to 280 over 3 seconds. He can still fire in this time, but each shot will put his speed back to 150.

Oh and also drop his base speed to 280.
Balance is key. The problem I have with your suggestions is that they come from a place of frustration, hate, and malice. You take whatever problems you have with the sniper our on it by suggesting it get its arms chopped off (metaphorically speaking of course. All though I'm surprised you have yet to suggest it)

We get that you don't like the class. We also get that it frustrates you. However just like you have your favorite classes, there are people that exist, who aren't you, that like playing as and against the sniper. Your idea directly punishes the player for shooting. It motivates the player to shoot less often. Effectively, taking the class out of the game since the best strategy for the sniper will be to shoot as rarely as possible. That doesn't sound like fun in my opinion.

Again, I understand your frustration. But try finding the exact point of your annoyance. Then think about what you wish you could do to fix it. With me, it's walking out onto the yard and getting sniped over and over. My goal here is just to help you be a little more constructive. I do respect that you want the sniper to pretty much disappear, but I vehemently disagree.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote