Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypyro View Post
Isn't this already in the game when you shoot the sniper with explosive weapons or grenades and it knocks them around? Plus the sniper can't fire when in the air. The problem is that other than the railgun, nothing is fast enough to hit the sniper at long ranges.
Yes, but in order for that to happen, you have to be close enough to get that done. One of the main complaints is that a Sniper can insta-gib target after target, without having to re-aim unless they miss a shot and allow an enemy player to get near them. This idea puts that mechanic into the gun, so that when it's fired, you have to re-aquire your target. It "nerfs" the Sniper, without "nerfing" his role in the game.

I wouldn't mind the Sniper rifle becoming a projectile weapon.... but it would have to be done similar to the Combine Snipers in HL2. You can see the shot coming in, but it's pretty damned difficult to avoid.

Hell, even both of those ideas put together would be fine with me. It would up the skill level for Snipers, but change them enough that people shouldn't be as annoyed by them.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote