View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #39
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
Double Post Admin Abuse Time!

I'll make it very simple, the PUG Group is using the default 2.43 config, while Talos does not. What does that say? If this game was soo geared towards pickup players, then why are they using the 2.43 configs and not a fucked up config with 4 EMPS and a HWGuy Mirv? Or a Solider who's laser grenade pretty much instagibs everying? Hmm?
Pickup community plays within the bounds of the game created, always has. They might make specific rules to optimize the game play to create a more competitive streamlined match, but they don't change the game.

I know your question was directed at the lunatic (he has to be insane, he's reading words that don't exist), I just wanted to answer the question

But I am curious to hear his answer, or an answer from anyone who despises the pickup community. What really sounds worse? Changing the game parameters and refusing to play the game that was created for them, or learning a few rules created by a group of players who seek a competitive game, no matter how the devs actually change the game.

Changing the game parameters on a public server when there are only a few active ones out there, giving no choice but to play the game their way and not the proper way.

Or choosing to accept the rules enforced by the pickup players and play with them, or choosing not to accept the rules enforced and to not play with them.

Lol, and everyone thought the pickup community is full of arrogance.

1 members found this post helpful.