View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
carryonplease

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
There are flaws in your argument. New people don't understand red is D and blue is O. And when someone new comes in and starts capping blue flags when there's no D on Blue, maybe that's a sign that OvD isn't the best thing for FF. I've been testing out different scenarios lately and in a regular game, not OvD, people are generally more happy and stay longer in my server.

Also, OvD basically cripples CTF maps because if the map is halfway through and someone joins and sees it's already 90-0, yet they get stuck on the team with 0 points, how do you think they're going to enjoy themselves if those points are only being scored on one side and not both? Regular CTF promotes more people joining my server. No one wants to join a game and be on the losing team right away.

And while I agree there should be a small amount of class limiting on a server, I also believe people should be able to play whatever class makes them enjoy their gaming experience. If they want to play sniper, then I'm going to let them. Not going to tolerate bashing against classes that are considered 'noobish' because frankly, we all started out at some point and the last thing we want to do is give someone the impression that what they are doing is stupid and that they should be scolded like a dog for it.

Fuck that shit. I'm sick of all the ridiculous rules I see on most servers and by rules, I mean the unwritten code many veterans of this game and games alike, follow. If someone wants to bring an HW Guy on offense, why the hell not? It's not like it's a pickup game or something...
I agree with the second paragraph definitely...if i come in late and i notice the teams are stacked on D I'm not happy to have to play O. I'm guess i'm just looking for consistency.

Last edited by carryonplease; 07-13-2011 at 08:42 PM.