FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
Freak I share your sentiment almost exactly. And I think hammock is stretching things a tad. Both exaggerating what you said and what game scenarios exist.

Playing offensive pyro for example, is a great idea. As they have both great maneuverability and if played well a fantastic kill strategy. They are great at weaking the other teams defense and punching through tough spots. But every time I've played as a pyro lately I get crap from my own team and others. This mentality is not making the game very fun for people to play and I think it is causing a melt down in players.

I think it's great when people make suggestions that better help an overall game experience. Like "Hey, I noticed you play offense a lot, but we don't need an offensive player it would be better if you played defense and there's more action there." As apposed to "Pyros are a defensive class, you aren't helping your team newb!' I receive that one on almost every server I play except one.
I'm just going to ignore Hammock now, because we're both very opinionated people and we could go on for a long time arguing about things.

I find the competition to be greater when classes are playing different roles, having Scouts, Medics and Spies attacking is one thing, which is fairly easy to prepare for, but when you're being bombarded with stronger classes like Pyro's, Demomen etc.. it keeps you on your toes, it's just generally tougher to deal with classes that pack a bigger punch.

I try to help people whenever I can, I've been improving as scout lately, and I've made it my mission to be quite good on ff_DropDown, because it's my favorite map, so I can teach people little things to outsmart the defense. And with new players, teaching them to conc, bhop, trimp, use grenades well etc..., there's so much to teach them.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote