View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:58 AM   #15
o_sobe green

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Re: What's up with Valve anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMeatball
Well, let me say 'Thank You' to the DEVS for taking on a project that for some reason Valve can't complete. Even though you can't provide us with an update as much as we would like, it's still more than we hear from Valve regarding TF2.

Anyone have any idea why Valve has not been more aggressive with the TF2 project?? I would think as well as HL2 has sold, they would have more resources available at their disposal. Unless, I guess, there are other MODS/Projects which are more important??

Not to mention the half-life2 website lacks. It's basic, and it's nothing more than adspace to sell the game. Where's the community support?? No real news, no community dev info, no community maps. Maybe I missed something.
I think it isn't so much that TF2 isn't important, but more that it has been delayed so long that it can wait. While CS:S and HL:2 and DoD:S (games that have been selling within the past years) will bring in more money because alot of people already know what they are going to get. Not everyone bought HL2 to play HL2. I know tons of CS people who bought it for CS:S and the same for DOD:S or plan to buy it upon release. I'm sure TF2 will sell if it is ever completed. But I doubt it will be something that goes nearly out of stock on release day. The same can't be said for the other three.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote