Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #38
unbankthx
Banned
D&A Member

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Who cares if it's just their FF server, or if it's all of their game servers? An assbag is an assbag. A banned assbag is no longer a problem for you. Did you actually read that page? With very few exceptions, the ban is explained. Why can't you admit to the fact that there are players who aren't mature enough to control themselves enough to obey a server's rules? Also, consider that the number might be skewed by the number of assholes who simply went there with the intent of being banned, so they could come here and cry foul. Yes, I've seen it happen. One person gets banned, tells a bunch of their e-friends, who act all tough on the internet and flood the server with a bunch of bullshit. End result? BANNED. Next thing you know, a bunch of people are bitching about OT... and yeah, some people end up thinking that OT bans people for every least little infraction, when it simply isn't true.

I love how you completely went in a completely different direction than my post. The point was that the statistic that only '3%' of the FF community is banned at OT. That number is clearly flawed, and is clearly only true if you believe the smoke and mirrors act that OT puts on. 3% of the current FF community is like..... 2 people. If you include every single person that plays at your server for the past 6 years, and then try and pass that statistic off as valid today, when the active community is not more than a hundred people strong, then there's clearly something wrong here.

I agree, OT can do whatever they want with their own server. I'm a huge fan of private property. However, you aren't entitled to your own facts, especially when you try and use claims like the one above to try and displace the harm you caused on the community off yourself. I'm not going to attempt to blame OT for the fall of FF, because it's clear to me, it's not their fault.

It's as simple as that. You wanna try and use a statistic to minimize the perceived harm you guys caused the community (Keyword: Perceived), that's fine, but being a little intellectually honest is the least you can do if you're already taking the time to draw up such a statistic. People like me, who have seen hundreds, probably thousands complain about being banned at OT for minor offenses, and then hear that, 'Oh, only 3% of the FF userbase is banned!', and as someone who has an amateur interest in statistics, that rings some pretty massive alarm bells.
unbankthx is offline   Reply With Quote