Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #32
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
You're strawmaning pretty hard.

My argument: People should be expected to follow rules when seeking employment for a job. This includes an appearance standard. When people are rejected because they can't follow this standard, they are done so because of their inability to follow that particular standard. It says nothing about their personality or work potential.

I am against people concluding people's potential or personality off trivial shit like their personal appearance or choice of clothing or personal hygiene or something like that. That isn't to say I expect businesses to hire bums who don't shower and wear hole-ridden t-shirts while sipping beer and scratching their ass. I'm just saying, deny them a job for their inability to follow your customs. Don't judge their character or work potential off that.

And no, just because someone refuses to follow one rule doesn't make them immediately irresponsible or contradictory. If I have the potential to be an amazing actor, but I deny an acting career because someone wants me to dress up in a chicken suit for every role I perform, that says nothing about my ability to act. It does say, however, that I don't want to wear a fucking chicken costume.

So, to summarize: I am against partial judgment of people's character and potential for the most part. We should be considering people's actual personality. I never meant for this to be within the context of business. I was actually speaking just in a social context, until you started rattling on about your point.

rofl.

Last edited by Bridget; 06-04-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote