View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #37
Agret

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Agret Send a message via AIM to Agret Send a message via MSN to Agret Send a message via Yahoo to Agret Send a message via Skype™ to Agret
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
Better than that, I remember hearing about people on their PC's who managed to hack into the DC network and basically start murdering everyone due to mouse aiming.
Um, Quake 3 was always meant to be cross-platform. They released the maps as a pak file and if you were using the same patch version as the dreamcast users you could play with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon View Post
I can't imagine a Quake TF MOD could be that hard to pull off on the Wii considering the Wii version engine is running simply off the original Doom 1-3 and Quake PC WAD files.....true story. I highly encourage everyone to try this.....and there's many ways to get the WAD files.
Quake uses PAK files not WADs, also TF originally started on Quake so it already exists. If the source code is available then it's probably quite easy to get it running on the Wii, however if no source release was made it's not possible to use the x86 binaries on the Wii platform and a new mod will need to be created

Edit: Yay!

Last edited by Agret; 05-22-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Agret is offline   Reply With Quote