View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #465
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron
Think about it, since assisted movement is largely used in AvD, and is sometimes unbalanced (It's not exactly easy to stop someone flying in the air that fast, and it's also quite hard to det a CP when they're flying that fast), a sniper is the perfect counter-balance for assisted movement.
I have to disagree a bit here. Depending on the situation, it takes a LOT of skill to stop someone being blasted through the air flying at the flag. While the sniper is certainly CAPABLE of fulfilling this role, a sniper of average skill is less likely to stop this maneuver.

In TFC, this sort of action was prevented by the SG stopping them before they could reach the cap. Now that it's been weakened so much in FF, it no longer has the push nor damage to stop the player before he flies in and caps. It will kill him, but often not before capping.

Since the sg is no longer the safeguard it once was, the responsibility is unloaded onto other classes, where it can be much more difficult for them. So while I'm not disagreeing that the sniper CAN perform this role, the perfect counter-balance he is not.

Last edited by chilledsanity; 02-15-2010 at 06:55 PM.