Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan View Post
I seriously can't imagine that what Gwarsbane said is true...there's only 2 ways out of the flagroom (unless you've changed something) and it's not that hard.
Well it is true, by the time I get to the flag room right out of spawn there is someone already in our flag room going for and taking the flag.

And I'm not talking about me using a heavy, I was using an engi and bunny hopping the whole way.

There are only 2 ways out of the spawn and while I always seemed to be behind everyone I could get out basically quick.

But as long as the other team has 1 decent conc jumper they are there just as fast as anyone coming from that top spawn.

I don't know if I have a demo from that night or not, but ask Nubs. He'll jus say I'm complaining and trying to make the game slow when it should be fast, but he will confirm he was getting to my flag room the same time as I was and he was on the other team.

As to the comment about just needing a good soldier... lot of good that would do when they would already have the flag by the time he would get into the flag room and he would be on his way out.

And even then what goes does it do if you're conced or at a distance as the scout or even medic can conc faster then the rockets.

Limiting the number of scouts and medics is a good way to go, or at the very least limiting them to 1 conc each and even limiting the grenade bag to hand out everything but concs.

Again the game should be fast, but there is fast and there was just too fast. There shouldn't be 6 or 7 caps in the first 10 minutes when teams are 7vs7 even with a crappy defense a round should take more then a minute and 20 to 25 seconds

Just give it a try and see how it works. I'm sure there will be complains about it being "too slow" but its better then clearing a server of people who are not having any fun because the rounds are so short.

Some might find that fun in a clan/league/pickup setting but in pubs its not. We're there for fun only but when you can't even make it to your own flag room before someone on the other team to set up a defense then its just no fun.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote