Old 02-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
Be very careful with the Seagate 1TB drives. IIRC the 1GB in the 7200.10 series had issues...so has the 7200.11 series. There was a fairly large group of firmware that will, eventually, turn that hard drive into an expensive paperweight.
Thank you for the information, usually seagate makes a good drive.

====================

Keep in mind, there are 2 types of harddrives - those that have failed and those that are going to fail. Any device that has moving parts will break, its only a matter of time.

Most of the important stuff my wife and I have is family pictures and videos, which we have double backups on DVDs. Everything else we can live without.

====================

The one brand name of hardrive I do not buy or recommend is Maxtor. I will do my best to NEVER buy another maxtor drive ever again. A couple of years ago seagate bought maxtor. I was hoping that the quality of maxtor would go up, but it looks like the quality of seagate went down to what maxtor is.

Back in 2002 and 2003 I was doing computer repair in Houston, Texas. I guess that at least 20% of the maxtor drives I installed would fail within the first year.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote