Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
Tele's were also a headache because two engies can work together and build their sg's in places that should never have sg's. Two way teleporters to respawn and back to the sg. Plus offensive tele's although fun to play with, could ultimately send the heaviest classes directly into the enemy's base.

I couldn't count the number of times, my team took over the enemy's basement in 2fort with the use of tele's, and a constant stream of medics/hw's sollies.

They were a fun novelty item, but could seriously destroy the intent of a map.

How do the jump pads work exactly? Does the scout only get 1? What happens after he places it? Does he have to go back to pick it up? Or does it self destruct after a time? Or self destruct once triggered by the scout? Can it be destroyed by enemy fire? How fast does it take to place it? Instant? Is it like setting an sg? With a buildable timer? Is it small enough to be place pretty much anywhere? Or is it big and can only go in large areas?

Sounds like a cool idea, but I don't really know anything about it other than the effect of it.
From what I've heard the jump pad is RIDICULOUSLY powerful (base-to-base on aardvark?!). I'd say make it very low-powered, but enough to give a big boost when used in conjunction with a conc/gren (kinda like on the TFC map haste, but even less power).

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington