Thread: conc_foamy
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
public_slots_free

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
This is a good starter map foamy. There are some definite issues though. The jumps are neat and are well put together so I really think you should dedicate another hour into the textures. I am not talking about changing the textures but rather resizing them.

Some of the textures are small scale and do not look well when tiled. Another issue is it seems like you never used the texture tool because some ledges are textured different than the grass. You can use the texture tool to quickly change the ledge to match the grass. I would also add a more teleporter-ish texture to the squares. Maybe you textured the trigger with the teleporter pic but those do not show up in BSP so you would again need to use the texture tool.

Finally (this is the real big one), the map has a leak. The map is 53 megs when uncompressed and you can see other jumps through the skybox. If you decide to not heed any of my previous advice then please fix this. This is a glaring technical issue that needs to be addressed. Load the map in hammer and compile it without RAD. Close the compile log and go to the Map Menu and "load point file" Follow the red line.

Mapping takes a long time and I am sure you have already put a lot of hours into the map so another couple hours can really go a long way to justify the rest of the time. I think this map would be better served if you used the standard rock/grass with resizing than what it is now.
public_slots_free is offline   Reply With Quote