Old 10-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Most of the "elitest clanners" don't ever even see the pub players...most of us clanners stick to our own kind and set up scrims and 2v's etc. and LOCK the server so that we don't have to explain our "rediculous rules" to all the newbs who decide to come hopping in.

Me I prefer structure, I like the challenge of getting a flag out from a structured D as opposed to dodging random fire attempting to cross the yard to get to the base...HOWEVER everyonce in a while I just like to frag people as well. I also realize that not everyone thinks like me and that it's all on the server I CHOOSE (caps for a reason here) to play in...

The problem is that no one cares to ask they just assume it's their way when they jump in a server:

The solution is simple:

When you enter a server simply ASK "OvD?"

If you get a ya, yes, etc then the answer is obvious that these guys are playing by league rules. So join up on O (generally BLUE) or D (RED) and get in position!

If you don't get an answer or you get a bunch of wierd answer's like WTF is that or ????? or just plain NO...then you know it's frag time. So pick your class and start causing mayhem.

Another suggestion is that if you see a clan tag on the server name chances are that server is going to practice OvD so if you don't like that style of gameplay then just don't join...It will save everyone a lot of time.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF: