Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Playing dev_2fort is just... meh. I've played that map in TFC since the beginning and I don't understand the infatuation with it. Bridge spam FTW I guess.

I really wish more server admins would keep it off their servers if only to encourage more diverse maps being played across the mod.

It's been leaked and there isn't anything the devs can do, or would do if they wanted to, its just sad that the map that took the least effort to make is the most popular. All the work everyone put in to their FF maps and dev_2fort is still the call of the day.

How much would you wager that if someone ported all the TFC maps, that they'd be played over the FF maps? Mapping efforts go for naught, why even encourage new maps if that's the future, just playing the same old ones for the next few years.
I agree with stanky fingers... If the people want 2fort, or whatever map is popular, then make it so. Make it more important than other maps in the making. Seriously, 2fort will always be a fun map, despite the nade spam. I know that's why it wasn't released on release day... Nade spam can and will be controlled by the admins of each specific server... It should not be controlled by the devs who automatically assume it will be a huge problem. Noone can forsee the future like that.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete