Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Spy Tranq Zz over head even when cloaked Issue Tools
issueid=368 08-21-2011 07:18 PM
Spy Tranq Zz over head even when cloaked
Shoot a spy with a tranq, then have that spy go cloaked, the zz are still above the cloaked spy head revealing the spies position...

Shoot spy with a tranq, then have that spy go cloaked, the Zz's from the tranq are still above the hit spies head when cloaked....Therefore making cloak useless when hit by a tranq or conc -(stars or zz above head). I imagine that the conc effect with the stars above head also gives away a spies position in the same way but i haven't checked that yet, but i am assuming.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Visuals
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 2.41
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Elmo
Tags (none)

08-21-2011 07:45 PM
Nade Whore

I'm not sure, but I think this is by design. Just like if you are hit with a sniper shot and try to cloak, you can still be seen through walls and the enemy knows you are a spy.
08-21-2011 08:48 PM

I'm okay with this. Contextually, if someone's on the verge of falling unconscious, they should have trouble working with their cloaking technology. It's difficult stuff.

And it's not like it's that much of a disadvantage.
08-22-2011 09:05 PM

I agree with snipers being able to shoot and target spies thats fine kube.

I was a spy the other day on schtop coming over to the other teams front door and enemy scouts were concing me when they would come out the front door and the stars were still over my head when i would cloak and hide again, front door defense would come out and would know where i was everytime because the stars/ zz stay long after when cloaked.

THe whole stars and zz thing over head thing just makes spies easier to kill and hinders their offense /infiltration when playing advanced players who know how to kill spies easily anyways aka Front door whores/ yard d.

Its not a huge issue but it changes gameplay for spies, you have to really watch out for concs and tranqs now when sneaky.
08-23-2011 01:03 AM
Nade Whore

Yeah but realistically, how often are you going to be getting conced by an enemy scout or medic? With handheld concs no longer causing the conc effect as well, you rarely get caught up. Also, you have a tranq gun, learn to use it. It will help slow down the medic or scout so you can stab em to death and then hide/cloak somewhere you would imagine they probably won't try concing again. The spy has some powerful tools, but you have to learn how to use them efficiently in order to trick the enemy.
02-22-2012 12:05 PM
Gets tickled by FF

I'm gonna change this to 'not a bug' and leave it as it is... I think.
02-22-2012 01:26 PM

I think this is a bug and should be fixed. We never intended to have concs as a counter to cloaked spies. Not a major issue however.
02-22-2012 02:14 PM
Gets tickled by FF

Okay. I don't actually care and it seemed no one else did. If we actually have a preference ill mark it as confirmed n look at it tonight shouldn't be hard.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue