Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Sabotage "Quantum state" bug. Issue Tools
issueid=251 01-07-2010 03:23 AM
Sabotage "Quantum state" bug.
Sabotaged buildings occasionally uncontrollable

A picture is probably the best way to explain this:

(click thumb for larger image)
Note the spy symbol above the sentry, but no sab option.

Simply put, this is a bug that renders a buildable ( sentry or dispenser ) in a state where it is not sabotaged and is sabotaged at the same time. The spy symbol appears above the sentry, but you cannot activate it nor can you attempt to re-sabotage it since it is "already sabbed."

The bug seems to occur whenever you are playing as spy and either look away at the last second during the sab or get shot at the last second. ( in other words, this has happened multiple times ) and I have managed to avoid it somewhat by continuing to look at a buildable for about 200 extra milliseconds after the icon appears.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 2.4
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Elmo
Tags (none)

01-14-2010 04:32 AM
internet user

I'm having a hard time re-producing this. Let me just clarify the circumstances, you manage this basically by either dying or stopping the sab right before its finished? Also, did you have a decently big ping (100+) when doing this? tia
01-14-2010 06:20 AM

It's happened a few times in a server where I had 130~170 ping and quite a bit in a servers where I get 30~60 ping.

Also worthy of note is that whenever it happens there tends to be a large amount of shit going on at the same time. The map it happens most frequently is ff_waterpolo, so server overload may also play a part.
01-14-2010 09:13 AM
internet user

alright, thanks. I'll try to get it going on a shitted up server but I already think I know whats happening

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue