Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

HWGuy Conc Push Immunity Issue Tools
issueid=323 11-21-2010 05:56 PM
AaaaaaaTATATATATATATATA!
HWGuy Conc Push Immunity
Conc grenades should not move HWGuys as much as other players.

HWGuy needs some other buffs that actually allow him to stop Scouts from getting in the base, but this is what I want.

The HWGuy is supposed to be unmovable. He doesn't get pushed by rockets, pipes, or nades or is barely budged by much of anything.

So why is it that Concs toss him like a fucking Super Ball?

Please impliment total immunity to conc throwing for the fat man.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Rejected
Priority 4
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-21-2010 06:11 PM

That's like removing Paper because Rock keeps getting covered. In other news: Scissors are overpowered...
11-21-2010 08:02 PM
internet user

well the logic is there;
"The HWGuy is supposed to be unmovable. He doesn't get pushed by rockets, pipes, or nades or is barely budged by much of anything."

So why would concs push him? I don't think he's asking for immunity to the conc effect but rather the movement guys ..
11-21-2010 08:14 PM
Banned

I know he means strictly movement, but don't put it past the ff.pickup bads to denigrate him regardless. Anyway, this is a good idea and should be implemented immediately.
11-21-2010 08:33 PM
crystaLcity

whats so hard about pushing your movement key in the opposite direction that the conc is going to blast you? why should everything be made newb proof? is it my fault as an experienced player that this guy cant judge where the conc is going to push him to, and hold down a key in order to combat the blast? making it so heavy doesnt move is taking part of the game away from me.. but oh well i guess.
11-21-2010 10:10 PM

This change would make sense because the HWguy is supposed to be heavy. I always found it rather strange that the conc would push a HWguy just as much as the other classes especially since other weapons do not push him around.
11-21-2010 10:27 PM
Stuff Do-er

Cleaned up the thread. Keep it on topic without personal attacks, please.
11-21-2010 11:05 PM
crystaLcity

i wont even post or read these threads ever again seeyahhh
11-21-2010 11:16 PM
Pew pew ze beams

I usually play as hw or engy in defense, and I´m not a fan of this idea, it would remove a bit of "skill" the no conc efect :<

ps: soz i realize hes post its only againt the push part, so im back in neutral mode :P
11-22-2010 02:35 AM

The title probably should be changed to make it more clear.
11-22-2010 05:07 AM

My memory's blurry on this, but wasn't conc push affecting heavies something that was added to the game in one of the patches?
11-22-2010 08:04 AM
Stuff Do-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity
My memory's blurry on this, but wasn't conc push affecting heavies something that was added to the game in one of the patches?
Nope.

Here's a fun fact: The only other thing that boosts HWs without reduction is the railgun.
11-23-2010 11:49 PM
AaaaaaaTATATATATATATATA!

I'm so glad I didn't even look at this after I posted it. Funny how easily a flame war is completely diffused by not even paying attention to it.

I ask for this merely out of request for internal consistency. HWGuy is supposed to be impossible to move, yet concs toss him like a rag doll.

The rail gun thing is just....odd. Never noticed it. Railgun has extremely minimal push anyway, compared to rockets and concs.

And no, I did not ask for immunity to conc effect, just the push force. I thought I'd made it clear enough that anyone actually readng about one-quarter of the way into my post would already know that.
11-24-2010 12:13 AM

Of course the railgun has full effect on heavies. Squeek wants to be as overpowered as possible when he plays engi. :p

That aside, I honestly think this is fine, for reasons exo said. This means that smart scouts can screw over defenders with a drop-conc, rather than trying to conc past, and requires a bit of skill on the heavy's part, knowing to press w (or whatever key it may be).
11-24-2010 12:38 AM
Stuff Do-er

The heavy is not immune to push forces, he has reduced push. I forget the exact value, but it's something like 35% of the normal push force is applied to the HW.

It might make sense to apply that reduction across the board for consistencies sake (friendly detpacks, concs, etc). The way is it now is just a carryover from TFC. I'm unclear why the railgun seems to push at full force, and is probably a bug (you'd be surprised how far a bounce shot from the railgun can push a HW).

Thanks for bringing it up, Eon. We'll at least test it in the beta to see how it works.
11-24-2010 05:24 PM

learn to either avoid the concs or stand on top of them to minimize the conc effect, of course standing on them will only work if the dev team really did model it after its counterpart in tfc
11-24-2010 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon Seig
Railgun has extremely minimal push anyway, compared to rockets and concs.
Not if you bounce it.
11-25-2010 12:20 AM
internet user

bounce it girl
11-25-2010 01:55 AM

concing a HWGuy out of your way is a really cool tactical move, so I say keep it even if it is reduced.
11-25-2010 05:17 AM
sKeeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycarl
concing a HWGuy out of your way is a really cool tactical move, so I say keep it even if it is reduced.
agreed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue