Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Locked server fps Issue Tools
issueid=432 10-05-2013 10:38 PM
Locked server fps
Non-standard serverfps is bad

Can server FPS be locked in the mod? This would get rid of having to deal with poor configs that ruin concs and make the game dysfunctional.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-06-2013 12:02 AM
Nade Whore

I know there is a max_fps option though I'm not sure if it's just meant for client-side.

Even DSL these days can handle more than 20k rates, so 10k is really only for those on dial up.
sv_minrate 10000
sv_maxrate 0

All FF servers should have their tic rate set to 66 and a good min/max allowable is:
sv_maxupdaterate 86
sv_minupdaterate 66

This means if a user has 5000 rate and 33 updaterate and they join a server with the above settings, it forces them to use 10000 rate and 66 updaterate.
10-06-2013 12:25 AM

I really mean it in terms of ticrate. Not having the server at the proper ticrate makes concs go wonky, like in the OT server.
10-06-2013 01:09 AM
Nade Whore

33 is too low but was the default for FF for so long. I think the default is now 66 which is the highest you should set it and I've gotten O-T to change from 33 to 66 as evident by using net_graph. It's not their tic rate that is causing the problem. I want to say it's either a plugin issue or something else with their server config that is the problem.
10-07-2013 12:23 PM

Probably SV_Pure is turned on, or like you said maybe a server plugin.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue