Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Radial Menu Flakes / Randomly self cancels. Issue Tools
issueid=312 09-16-2010 07:58 PM
Radial Menu Flakes / Randomly self cancels.
( especially during lag )

This has been an annoying problem that has been going on for a long time right now. You are using the Radial menu and it cancels itself despite the fact that you are still holding M2 down and still moving your mouse. This isn't a big issue when your ping is <50, but is quite bad when ping is >130. So if a european plays on an American server or vice versa and they try to play spy or engie they will notice this. This likely isn't just me as others have complained about this in game. It's worse as spy as this will cause you to cloak and uncloak when you do not want to.

Depending on what is causing this a possible solution could be making an option enabled by default for 2 clicking the Radial menu similar to how grenades can either be held or clicked once for prime, clicked twice for throw.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 2.4
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-17-2010 08:02 PM
Slayer of humans

While I'm not sure, I think some other things might be connected to this.

There have been many times when I have right clicked to set a det pack, and I would have to try to set it 3 or 4 times. Many times it would start to set but then cancel and I would have to start from scratch.

Trying to set a pack quickly in a high danger zone and having to spend an extra 5 to 10 seconds just trying to set the detpack can be annoying.